Nothing Short of Chic: Reinventing Summer Staples: Microfloral and Megafloral

14.11.14

Reinventing Summer Staples: Microfloral and Megafloral


 
 LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BC
   
 
Don't donate that sundress just yet.


I'm sure everyone has summer dresses. And I bet most people have those few dresses that we keep even though they're WAY too short to be considered decent unless they're used as a beach cover-up, or worn over shorts, or worn only on really hot days when everyone's too heat-stricken to care. I have one of those, and I keep it for two reasons: a) it fits really well, the length exempt, and the print works well and the color matches my eyes; b) I don't ever give clothes away unless I'm positive I can't wear them anymore, and I wasn't so sure about this dress...








Photography by Annika Jordan Jacket: Thrifted | Dress: Thrifted | Jeans: Thrifted | Shoes: Thrifted | Scarf: Secondhand

I really love flare jeans. Know why? It's because they're the denim equivalent of a fit-and-flare dress, and are as universally flattering, in my opinion. They hug your curves on top, but the flare at the bottom balances out larger thighs/wider hips and makes them seem really skinny and long in comparison. Also, when worn long with a wedge or boots, they make you really really tall. That's why they're so trendy. I decided to pair my flare jeans with my supershort summer dress (which happens to be a jersey fit-and-flare) for a cheerful-but-winter-appropriate outfit.

I have a bit of a flower theme going on here -- the microfloral print of my silk scarf and of the dress plus the recurrent shades of blue led me to the decision to pair this rose-shaped wallet with this outfit. I made it a crossbody bag by threading a length of chain through the zipper pull and clasp and adding a lobster clasp to the chain.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @nothingshortofchic. I haven't put a button up for it yet, clearly, but will soon! Anyway, lots of cool fashion, food, and other stuff on there. Share your summer staples, reinvented, with me by posting pics and tag #ReSummerChic and @nothingshortofchic.

No comments :

Post a Comment