Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Dress Finesse

19.4.15

Personal Style: Dress Finesse

 
 LOCATION: VIBORG, DENMARK
   
 
Spring layering to look chic in the nippy Danish wind.


Hello everybody! In case you aren't following Nothing Short Of Chic on Instagram and Facebook (where are you?) my current city of residence is Viborg, Denmark – a charming little town with a beautiful lake and lots of wind. You may see a lot of it in the next couple months, because although I'll be journeying to Ireland, England, France, and Germany, I will always come back here. Scroll for all the pictures with Viborg's gorgeous backdrop!!








Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura and Elena Alexa | Jacket: Thrifted | Dress: Thrifted | Jeans: Thrifted | Shoes: Gap (Thrifted) | Scarf: Gudrun Bauer | Sunglasses: Thrifted

Because it is a long trip and I brought only one small suitcase, I couldn't pack much and therefore have been in quite a style rut. I thought I was being smart when I brought easy-to-style, perfect-to-layer jeans, t-shirts, and pullovers, but I really have nothing to style them with. The only thing that has saved me is accessories (and a bit of out-of-the-box layering!). Case in point: without the beautiful cross-body/jacket duo, silk scarf, and oversize sunglasses (plus the warmer-than-tights dress-over-jeans trick) it would have been like any other outfit. However, going monochrome certainly didn't hurt.

Would you guys wear a dress/skirt over pants? I know it's quite trendy, and it's also very easy to style it wrong and end up looking frumpy. I like it because it's quite windy here and I wouldn't want my skirt to fly up without wearing something underneath, and besides I'm sick of tights (plus it's often too chilly for the thin pair I brought). I think it works really well with either a short skirt and relaxed skinny pants, or with a straight midi skirt and straight pants. It also works nicely with a longer slit skirt. Anyway, tell me what you think of the look and whether it works for you in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment