Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: The Colors Of Clichy

27.5.15

Personal Style: The Colors Of Clichy

 
 LOCATION: PARIS, FRANCE
   
 
Street art and street fashion: two of my favorite things, together.


Hello everybody! I'm back in Viborg at last, after four crazy weeks packed to the gills with travel. It was an incredible experience – in the past month, I've been to five different countries, and within them, over eleven cities total (if you want a more detailed account of my trip, plus my recommendations and reviews, make sure to check the travel section of my blog, NSOC En Route). I fell in love with many places along the way, including obvious ones like Paris, and less well-known but equally as incredible places like Kilkenny, Ireland.

This post was shot in Paris, on my very favorite of the four days I spent there. I walked for miles around and over Paris, passing by this gorgeous and colorful mural and stopping to pose, and finished the day by climbing the Eiffel Tower and watching the sun set from the top (the light show began as we descended all the stairs and they sparkled around us). The weather was also perfect that day, in the 20s – not too hot, but warm enough that a jacket was unnecessary! Anyway, although I took many other awesome photos that day (like this one and this one), these are my favorite because of the color and the art, two things I absolutely love! To give you a sense of scale, the mural is about twice as high as the picture above shows, and about four times as long. It takes up half a city block!



Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura Blouse: Secondhand | Skirt: Thrifted | Shoes: Gap (Thrifted) | Earrings: Annika Jordan

I really love these earrings because they are modern-minimalist and asymmetrical. I actually made them out of polymer clay and eye pins, and I decided to make the beads inverts of each other for a striking look. It is a little tough to see them fully in the picture above, but I think you can get an idea of how they look! Please let me know if you like them – if I get enough comments about them, I will post a tutorial (they seriously take less than ten minutes to make, minus the baking time!) and can be easily customized to any style!

I miss Paris a lot, but I'm comforting myself with the thought that I'll definitely go back as soon as possible (and I took about thirty pictures of the Tower, so I can always look back at those!!)

1 comment :