Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Cool In Killiney

3.5.15

Personal Style: Cool In Killiney


 
 LOCATION: KILLINEY, IRELAND
   
 
Only the best style for the coast of Ireland.


Alright, I'm sorry. I truly am. This post was originally supposed to go up last Monday, after I shot it in Killiney a week ago (a suburb of Dublin, where we stayed for a few days). But I got caught up in the travel and the other work I had to do, so I didn't get a chance to write this until Friday. But then, stupid me, forgot to save and lost the ENTIRE thing. So, here it is...

I'll be posting again really soon, because I went ahead with the shoot I'd planned for Thursday even though I hadn't posted Monday's. I aim to post that shoot Tuesday, but I won't died if I don't. Anyhow, since these photos were taken, I've been through Killiney, Dublin, and Dalkey, stayed in Kilkenny for a while, and traveled back to London where I'm now staying in a flat near the Shard (lucky me, great view!!).








Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura Jacket: Thrifted | Blouse: Thrifted | Shirt: Disney Store | Jeans: Thrifted | Shoes: Gap (Thrifted)

Of course, the jeans-and-tee thing is nothing new, but I feel a little better about wearing this uniform (whenever I have "nothing to wear") when I find little ways to make it different every time. In this outfit, I switched it up a bit by tucking in my tee and layering a button-down and denim jacket over it, then adding great shoes. It's also an almost-monochrome outfit, which somehow always makes the wearer look more put-together. I really love this tee, which is an artsy Big Hero 6 graphic t-shirt.

The background is of Victoria Hill (Killiney) and White Rock beach. The walk we took was about eight miles and beautiful the whole way through. I'm posing with some of the most amazing landmarks in Killiney (!!). If you have been to this area of Ireland (or are planning/dreaming to), let me know in the comments! Also, check out the brand-new travel section of Nothing Short Of Chic, which I'm super-duper excited about and proud of. Please leave your comments and I'll respond to all of them!

No comments :

Post a Comment