Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Nautical Dreaming

4.7.15

Personal Style: Nautical Dreaming

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
Navy and white floats my boat this July.


Don't say it. Don't. I already feel bad enough that it's been forever since the last post, and that guilt is tripled by the fact that I meant to post my European Tour Highlights, oh, two weeks ago... Please, pretty please accept my apology! I know you know what it's like to be busy, and with travel, work, and putting our house back together after the move, it's been really difficult for me to do anything blog-related. Of course, I'm still posting on my Instagram, so if you want little snippets of the best parts of my life, you can check that. Anyway, I do at last have something for you, with the beautiful backdrop of home sweet home!

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic
Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic

Channel Nautical Vibes With Navy & White Stripes, Brown Leather, And A Denim Vest - on #NothingShortOfChic
Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura Dress: Secondhand | Vest: Thrifted | Sandals: Steve Madden (Thrifted) | Belt: Thrifted

Upon returning home, here on the Sunshine Coast, I again had full access to my entire closet - I celebrated my return by cleaning it out, so it's in sore need of some restocking. Having had no summer in Viborg, I am just now rediscovering all my favorite summer clothing that I'd stored last fall. One such piece is this pair of brown leather gladiator sandals (don't worry, they're second-hand). I paired these suddenly on-trend sandals (which I've had for a few years and remain my favorite pair) with a very nautical combination of navy-and-white stripes, denim vest, and compass necklace (it actually does work, which is super cool). I love wearing half-sleeves on days that aren't unbearably hot (not that it gets that hot here, but still) because they are far more elegant than tee-length sleeves. Three-quarter and sleeveless are also very sophisticated lengths, if you want to switch up your crop.

Happy Fourth of July, to all my American readers!! And, happy belated Canada Day to my fellow citizens :)

No comments :

Post a Comment