Nothing Short of Chic: Get The Look: Feeling Witchy

23.10.15

Get The Look: Feeling Witchy


Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
This costume is sure to cast a spell on everyone.

Happy early Hallowe'en! Since the guide I published yesterday about how to convert your wardrobe into fabulously chic costumes only included a couple lines about each costume, I wanted to give you a chance to know more about each of the specific example costumes featured. To start out with, I'll give you a look inside the Witch costume, which is what I'll actually be sporting (tomorrow night, in fact, at my symphony's Hallowe'en concert, which features pieces such as Danse Macabre and Baba Yaga). Ok, let's go!

Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic
Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Cheap, chic, and easy witch Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Annika Cleland-Hura | Dress: Thrifted | Stockings: Secondhand | Shoes: Thrifted | Gloves: Secondhand | Belt: Secondhand | Lipstick: NYC (#320 Mahogany)

My mother describes this as an "Audrey Hepburn-inspired witch," and I'm inclined to agree - if only because most of the pieces in my closet are rather Audrey. I think I would call this my "teenage rebel meets fashion-forward club singer with a retro twist" - but then, I always use far too many words. This is a super fun look - from the handkerchief hemline and the thigh-high striped stockings to the sideways belt and leather gloves (not to mention the very intense lipstick), there is no shortage of excitement here.

So easy to recreate! If you wear a costume like this (or just want to show me your costume), feel free to post to NSOC's Facebook page or tag me on Instagram (@nothingshortofchic). Or just tell me what you're wearing this October 31st (or whenever your parties are) in the comments!