Nothing Short of Chic: Get The Look: Flying The Nest

27.10.15

Get The Look: Flying The Nest

Chic, cheap, & easy Bird Queen Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
A bird's-eye view of this chic costume.

Not only is it a pretty unique costume, it's super-chic - and really fun. You can choose to model your costume after a specific species of bird, or not - it's up to you. Be prepared for a lot of attention, because after adding some bird-queen-worthy makeup and talon-like black claw nails, you'll really look the part.

Chic, cheap, & easy Bird Queen Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Chic, cheap, & easy Bird Queen Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Chic, cheap, & easy Bird Queen Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic

Chic, cheap, & easy Bird Queen Hallowe'en costume | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Annika Cleland-Hura | Coat: Thrifted | Top: Thrifted | Belt: Thrifted | Skirt: Thrifted | Leggings: Thrifted | Shoes: Naturalizer (Thrifted) | Scarf: Handmade

Decide on a color scheme (white, black, red, whatever you want) and pull out as many different textures as you have in your chosen color. Next, grab a feather boa and a fur or feather jacket to represent a bird's coat. Add leather pointed-toe stiletto ankle-boots or pumps (bonus points for fur or metal embellishments!). In my costume, I have faux fur, faux feathers, faux leather, sateen, open knit, stretch lace, patent leather, elastic, and metal. All of those items that you only wear once a year for New Year's Eve or a ridiculous party? Now's the time!

Share your costumes with me by tagging me on Facebook (Nothing Short Of Chic) or Instagram (@nothingshortofchic) - or leave me a comment below! Happy All Hallow's Eve eve!!

2 comments :

  1. I think this is my favourite outfit you've posted, I would totally wear this! Maybe I'm just biased because I wear all black, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! This outfit is quite possibly the one I had the most fun styling – I literally just pulled every texture I could find and put them on at random :)

      Delete