Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Black And Turquoise And Red All Over

5.10.15

Personal Style: Black And Turquoise And Red All Over


Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
Tweed, silk, and turquoise is chicer than you might think.


Now that we're in the dark half of the year, I am finding it more and more difficult to inject color into my ensembles (I'm guessing that the fact that 96% of my closet is black, grey, or navy is part of the problem). I do have that amazing pair of high-waisted red flares, which I love and wear as often as possible - but with a piece that memorable, I can't wear them too frequently. I also have a red sweater. That's about it. So, I will often wear a bold scarf, like this beautiful embroidered red silk (which I love and wear quite a bit as well). It's a good way to add life and energy and interest to an outfit, without being too loud.

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic | Nothing Short Of Chic

Sunshine Coast Lake Shore Rocks | Nothing Short Of Chic

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic
Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic

Sunshine Coast Lake Shore at Sunset #NothingShortOfChic

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic

Turquoise & Red, Tweed & Silk Office Chic on #NothingShortOfChic
Sunshine Coast BC Lake Through Sunglasses #NothingShortOfChic
Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura | Blazer: Thrifted | Skirt: Thrifted | Shoes: Naturalizer (Thrifted) | Sunglasses: Thrifted | Scarf: Secondhand | Earrings: Secondhand

This beautiful turquoise tweed skirt is, in fact, thrifted - just like nearly my entire wardrobe. I picked it out because I liked the non-basic color (and it goes nicely with many of my jackets for a Chanel-like skirt suit look). After pairing it with this grey tee and black jacket, I pondered what to do about my exposed neck – I have no necklaces chunky, bold, or colorful enough, and I needed something that would nicely complement the colors in the skirt. So, I pulled out this scarf, and lo and behold – the color pairing, though unexpected, works really well and definitely makes a stylish statement.

My photographer, DJ Cleland-Hura, actually did a painting of this lake – the photo with the chevron-like lighting along the bank is almost identical to his own inspiration image. Make sure you check out his work if you like that kind of aesthetic!

No comments :

Post a Comment