Nothing Short of Chic: Classic Glam: Holiday Party Look ft Alicia Michelle

15.12.15

Classic Glam: Holiday Party Look ft Alicia Michelle


A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic


A new spin on a classic look, with step-by-step makeup and outfit inspiration.

Holiday season is upon us, and so many women are pulling out their little black dresses and red lipsticks to do themselves up the same way they do every year. But today, I'm excited to give you this elegant-yet-modern take on the classic black-gold-red look in partnership with beauty and fashion blogger/vlogger Alicia Michelle of alimichelle.com. Keep reading to see my outfit, as well as a step-by-step makeup look perfect for your next night out!


The Outfit - Niki


A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura Dress: Max & Co. Heels: Balzar Footwear (Thrifted)

Black and gold may seem cliché or overdone - which it is - but it can still feel fresh and tasteful with a few updates. A long black dress, especially a backless one with sleeves, is both sexy and elegant, while the bare shoulders, asymmetrical hem, and halter feature keep it modern. A good pair of strappy sandals really add a lot to the look - a lower heel is great for a cocktail party where you'll be standing a lot, and it gives the entire look a slight Breakfast At Tiffany's feel. I wore a few gold rings to match my nail polish, and then added some simple silver earrings to mix things up a bit.

I really think a good dress speaks for itself, and this outfit is proof that you don't need to go all out to make an impact. Especially if your makeup looks as good as Alicia's...


The Makeup - Alicia


A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

For the most part, I tend to always go for the “classic glamour” look, you just can’t go wrong with it! A little black & red, and a simple yet glamorous makeup look will get through the night.
I will guide you through a few simple steps to achieve such a look! So grab your makeup and let’s get started!

Step #1: Always make sure your face is moisturized before applying your makeup. I always use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. My skin absorbs it quick and it does not leave you with a greasy feeling.

Step #2: I like to do my brows before applying the rest of my makeup. I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in soft brown.

Step #3: Prep your skin with your favorite primer, for this look I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. It reduced the appearance of my pores and it leaves my skin ready for foundation!

Step #4: Time for foundation! When going out at night, always make sure to choose a foundation that does not have SPF. Using foundations with SPF at night are not beneficial because if you’re taking pictures with flash, your face will look shiny! Trust me, I learned this the hard way! I love a foundation with matte finish, I used my all time favorite Infallible Pro Matte foundation by Loreal.

Step #5: Once the foundation is applied, the rest is a piece of cake! I concealed my under eyes with the Maybelline FIt Me concealer in the shade ‘Light’. I set my concealer with the vanilla shade in the Elf Contour Palette. I did a bit of contouring using a Colourpop Bronzer in the shade ‘Paradise Cove’. For blush I used an NYX Mosaic Powder in the shade ‘Paradise’. I dusted on the blush very lightly, since I’m going to be using red lipstick, I don’t want to have really red cheeks! To finish off the cheek area, I applied a Colourpop highlighter in the shade ‘Highly Waisted’. This highlighter is absolutely gorgeous, it has a copperish tone to it, which goes perfect with the “classic glam” look!

Step #6: Time for the eyes!

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

I kept it real simple on the eyes. I lightly dusted a light brown eyshadow by NYX in the shade ‘Blame It On Midnight’. I used the NYX Matte Liquid Liner to create my winged liner. To prep my real lashes for fake lashes, I used Maybelline's The Falsies mascara, and for fake lashes I used lashes by KISS in the style Posh.

Step #7: Last but not least, the lips! For lipstick, I used another NYX product, this is a matte lipstick in the shade ‘Perfect Red’.

And that completes this look! Fairly simple to achieve, and all the products I used were pretty much drug store products. You don’t need to use expensive products to achieve a glamorous look.

A classic-glam update on your typical holiday party look, with outfit inspiration and step-by step makeup! | Nothing Short Of Chic

We hope this helped you plan your look for the next holiday outing on your list! All the best, and happy holidays –


        XOXO Alicia

2 comments :

  1. Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Anny help would be greatly appreciated!

    Here is my site; Tap Titans Hack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for your comment. Blogger (Blogspot) is WYSIWYG which makes it an exceptionally useful tool for beginners. I do a lot of my own coding to customize but you can have a decent blog with absolutely no coding for no cost. I don't love Blogger so I'll be switching to a different platform soon; however, it's excellent to start out with (definitely better than the free Wordpress). If you have any other questions feel free to send me an email at nothingshortofchic@gmail.com - best of luck in your blogging endeavors! xx

      Delete