Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

12.12.15

Personal Style: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: ÅRHUS, DENMARK
   
 
Far above the city of Århus, the dress-over-pants look is so chic.

Yes, I do realize that this is my first December post. I sincerely apologize - I have quite a bit of amazing content lined up, and I recently did a collaboration post with Alicia Michelle of alimichelle.com, but not much has been going on here for a good two weeks. Please forgive me!

So, as many of you know, I've been in Viborg, Denmark, since the end of October, and I'm going home next week. Viborg is a teeny little town, but is only an hour's train ride away from Århus (Aarhus), the second-largest Danish city (behind Copenhagen, of course). Being so close, a day trip was almost mandatory, so we finally went last Wednesday, and got to visit the famous Aros Museum with its Rainbow Panorama - which happens to be the BEST place for a photo op! Feeling pretty good about my styling abilities that morning, and finding myself actually inside a rainbow, this spur-of-the-moment photoshoot happened, and here are the results.

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

High above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

High above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

High above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

High above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic

An elegant dress-over-pants ensemble worn high above the Danish city of Aarhus in Aros Museum's Rainbow Panorama | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by DJ Cleland-Hura Dress: Jessica (thrifted) | Pants: Lover (thrifted) | Shoes: Naturalizer (thrifted)

Yes, I have finally started listing where I got my clothing. I actually went back and did the same for all my earlier posts. This outfit is not too easy to shop, because everything is thrifted - in fact, most of my wardrobe is thrifted. DISCLAIMER: don't worry, this is NOT the start of NSOC's commercialization! I'm not paid to promote any of these brands - this is simply for those of you constantly asking where I buy my clothing.

I like the dress-over-pants look quite a bit, but I've found that the dress/trouser combinations that work the best tend to be straight or wide-leg pants with a knee-length shift/sheath (over straight- or wide-leg) or knee-length fit-and-flare (over straight- or semi-flare pants). This combination is my favorite of any I've tried or seen. I love the understated print, the bold (but not loud) colors, and the shape. Please let me know what you think of the look - an over-and-done-with trend? A cool layering formula? Something you've always thought looks tacky?

Happy Saturday and happy holidays to all of you!

1 comment :

  1. Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
    I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this content together.
    I once again find myself personally spending way too
    much time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

    ReplyDelete