Nothing Short of Chic: What I Wore: Feeling Green – St Patrick's Day 2016

24.3.16

What I Wore: Feeling Green – St Patrick's Day 2016


Skip the pinching session in style with this green-and-black-and-green outfit for St Patrick's Day! | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
Green and black and furry all over. Happy St Patty's Day!


I love the color green, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't own very much of it. For St. Patrick's Day, I had to resort to a bit of clever thinking to avoid being pinched – though luckily I have this fabulous fuzzy hat ($1, can you believe it??) that saved my skin. Perhaps turquoise doesn't quite count, but it was the best I could do. With a bit of green eyeshadow and some fabulously unwearable green lipstick, my friendly leprechaun outfit (that's not offensive, is it? I may love Kilkenny but I don't know much about Irish customs. Please don't kidnap me) only needed some silver buckles, of which I have a-plenty!

I will need to rectify this lack-of-green situation, however. I saw the most fabulous emerald velvet dress at the (thrift) store the other day, and I'm wishing I'd gotten it and simply tailored it at home. Ah, well, this problem isn't the most difficult to fix! Keep scrolling to see some more perspectives on my St. Patty's Day look.

Skip the pinching session in style with this green-and-black-and-green outfit for St Patrick's Day! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Skip the pinching session in style with this green-and-black-and-green outfit for St Patrick's Day! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Skip the pinching session in style with this green-and-black-and-green outfit for St Patrick's Day! | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Aiden Cleland-Hura | Hat: Thrifted | Blouse: Thrifted | Skirt: Thrifted | Gloves: Vintage | Shoes: Thrifted

Story time – these gloves are one of my favorite possessions. One of my friends gave me a huge bag of them; they were her mother's and are definitively, definitely vintage. I also have kid gloves, embroidered wristlet gloves (white and black), and a slew of mid-forearm gloves in yellow, red, black, and white. They are fabulous, and along with my three strings of pearls, add a bit of a vintage touch to even the most modern of outfits.

Also, can we talk about tweed for a second? It is my favorite fabric for October through March. Because of the texture, it acts like a print, without clashing the way prints can. It also pairs supremely well with other textures, like velvet and leather (faux, of course). And, it's the best way to add a touch of class to anything – or, alternatively, to add some edge while staying professional by picking a fashion-forward piece rendered in classic tweed. Different colors of tweed also mix and match very well; I found, but (regrettably) didn't buy, a black-and-white, nubbly tweed jacket recently that paired perfectly with this skirt in an Au Jour Le Jour-meets-Chanel look.

Please tell me what you think of this outfit, and also what you wore to avoid getting pinched?

No comments :

Post a Comment