Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: The Statement Necklace

18.3.16

Personal Style: The Statement Necklace

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
   
 
Top off your wardrobe with the perfect statement-making necklace.


Everybody knows about the key wardrobe staples that make up the foundation of any good closet. Though there are a range of lists, they all outline the basics in terms of tops, bottoms, outerwear, underwear, and shoes that every woman "needs." But what about jewelry and accessories?

Among other things (hoop earrings, dark oversize sunglasses, and versatile studs included), a glittery statement necklace is definitely an accessory necessity. From dressing up tee shirts to adding a personal touch to an evening outfit, a neckpiece like this will make you instantly feel glamorous and fashion-forward. I wear mine for everything from dinner out with family to the symphony or theatre. It's versatile but still special. And a costume piece like mine won't run you too much money, either – in fact, if you look for one in a thrift, charity, or vintage shop, you'll most likely get a high-quality piece for a fraction of the value.

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic

You can glam up any outfit with a gorgeous statement necklace, but I have inspiration for the classy, texture-loving girls! | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Astrid F. Top: Joe Fresh (Thrifted) Skirt: Thrifted Shoes: Roberto Capucci (Thrifted) Necklace: Mirina Collections

I adore velvet. I also love tweed. Pairing them together made for an interestingly textured outfit that was only enhanced by my necklace. I love the low back and wide neckline of the top (one of my favorites) and how well it complements my necklace! I'm constantly trying to find ways to spice up my outfits – the longer I blog, the more I love big, bold pieces – and this necklace does a pretty good job.

I must admit to you, this outfit, again (aside from the jewelry), was very inexpensive and I adore it. The skirt, glasses, and shoes were thrifted (my favorite place is our local volunteer-run shop) and the top – get this – was free (clothing swaps are the best thing to do on a weekend!). Oh, the joys of the treasure-hunting lifestyle! Use the discount code "nothingshortofchic" to get 20% off your purchase.

Disclaimer: This is not a gifted item, though I did receive a discount to promote the necklace on Instagram. Neither the video or this post are sponsored and I do not receive any reward for promoting Mirina Collections. All opinions and image are my own. The discount code is expirable.

4 comments :

  1. Hi Niki,

    said it already on lookbook - I love velvet so badly... and YOU in velvet - WOW! <3 <3 <3 I hope it's not too barefaced, if I say: I'm in love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet! Thanks for your comment! I'm absolutely in love with velvet as well :)

      Delete