Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Seeing Red

15.4.16

Personal Style: Seeing Red


Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: LANGDALE FERRY TERMINAL, SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
I love red so much that I based my whole outfit around it!


This is my first style post in a while. I'm sorry for being so absent! On Wednesday, I took a day trip to Vancouver, and I wore this. Red is my favorite color to wear, so I decided to just wear all of it! It got extra fun when I realized I had to layer jackets and was able to wear both colored vegan leather and a massively cool print. (It's still too cold for only a jacket, but warm enough that a winter coat is too much, so layering is key, especially in the Pacific Northwest where the weather is fickle.) These photos were taken on the water-taxi dock right next to the ferry berth. Isn't it just gorgeous? We're lucky we got the photos when we did, because it clouded over (and then rained and hailed) only a half-hour later.

Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic

Red on rouge on burgundy in a multilayered, ultra-chic travel outfit! | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Jericca Cleland Tee: Gap (Thrifted) | Flares: Lover (Thrifted) | Oxfords: Naturalizer (Thrifted) | Vegan Leather Jacket: XXI (Thrifted) | Printed Jacket: Tanjay (Thrifted) | Burgundy Bag: Temptation (Secondhand) | Earrings: Rain Jewelry


As you can probably tell, it was very windy! It was such fun to feel my (very) wide-leg pants billow around my calves. Speaking of these pants, I love them so much (as you may have noticed, with posts like this one and this one), not only because of the bold fabric and comfortable fit, but also because they elongate the legs visually (I may have long legs, but I also have a very long torso, so proportionally longer legs are always welcome). They are surprisingly versatile for such a bright color! The high-waist, wide-leg silhouette continues to be a favorite style of mine (I just got myself a pair in black with wooden buttons – so chic).

À plus tard, mes cheries.

No comments :

Post a Comment