Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Cobalt, Red, & Classic Stripes

10.1.17

Personal Style: Cobalt, Red, & Classic Stripes


Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
    
Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching and fresh. 

I had a realization today: I hadn't posted since last year. Which, technically, was only ten days ago, but even so, the holidays and the start-up of work, etc., means I haven't posted in awhile. So I enlisted the help of my brother to shoot some cool, dynamic, dramatic photographs of this colorful, many-layered outfit, intended to showcase my fabulous new sunglasses. I got them as a Christmas present, and nearly all of my outfits since receiving them have been centred around them. Perhaps I'll post a couple others in the coming weeks – though I'm sure you'll see a lot of these glasses regardless.

It may be sunny enough to require sunglasses – especially if you get a lot of glare off snow or ice – but it's still not anywhere near warm enough to ditch layers. This outfit has four – and I was still cold taking these pictures! So here is an easy outfit formula to stay warm and chic for the next couple of months: long-sleeve tee + striped sweater + bold collarless blazer + knee-length coat, with flared pants and statement boots. Keep reading to see the colorful look from all angles.

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Primary colors, bold stripes, and retro accessories make for a chic, classy outfit that's eye-catching, colorful, and fresh. | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Aiden Cleland-Hura | Sweater: Forever 21 (Thrifted) | Blazer: Thrifted | Coat: Thrifted | Pants: Lover (Thrifted) | Boots: Thrifted | Sunglasses: zeroUV | Earrings: Thrifted

Where do I even start? My local thrift stores have been so good to me lately. These amazing boots, with a cool flared heel reminiscent of Fluevog's avant-garde designs, cost me $3, while the sweater and blazer together amounted to $1.25. The geometric earrings were 50¢.

I feel like I don't wear enough color, because I tend to gravitate to purchasing pieces I know will go with everything and last for ages – which is all well and good, but it can get a little boring. So to spice things up I wanted to wear two bright, bright colors together. To keep my black coat and boots from dulling the outfit, I added colorful accessories and made sure my stripes included plenty of white space.

I seriously cannot get enough of these sunglasses. I feel like a secret-agent combined with a 50s It-girl – like I need to be riding around in a vintage red convertible. I foresee wearing them with high-waisted pants and my retro bikini in the summertime. zeroUV also has a really chic pair like mine but with black-and-white polka dots, which I have my eye on. Actually, their whole selection is really great. Also affordable. And high-quality.

PS - zeroUV didn't sponsor this or anything. I just got these glasses as a present for Christmas and fell in love.

No comments :

Post a Comment