Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Springing For All-Black

28.4.17

Personal Style: Springing For All-Black

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: VIBORG, DENMARK
   
 
"Women who wear black lead colorful lives."

There's no denying that black is a magical color (value, you know what I mean). It exists everywhere, and is, arguably, the most powerful neutral. It's the result when you combine equal amounts of pure primary colours. You could reach, blindfolded, into a bin of black garments and end up with a perfectly cohesive ensemble. It flatters most skin tones and is elegant, slimming, lengthening, and sophisticated. 

I don't tend to wear all-black all that often – I prefer bolder, cheerier, more unique looks. But every so often, when I'm running late or in a mood or uninspired, I have the knowledge of black's powers of flattery to fall back upon (all-navy works just as well, and I find it to be even chicer). So let's just say that when I saw that Who What Wear's outfit challenge of the day was to style an all-black spring outfit, I wasn't altogether displeased. Besides, wearing such a neutral outfit allows me to pose in front of the brightest of walls without fear of clashing.

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

All-black is the perfect neutral look for posing in front of insanely colorful walls. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Photography by Aiden Cleland-Hura | Coat: Bossini (Thrifted) | Top: Thrifted | Skirt: Thrifted | Boots: Thrifted | Sunglasses: zeroUV | Hat: Platania

On a side note, all-black is the absolute perfect travel color palette because for a number of reasons: a) you'll look polished even after 10 hours in the same tiny cabin; b) stains don't easily show; and c) wrinkles are also less visible on the darkly colored fabric.

These photos were taken on campus at The Animation Workshop in Viborg, but as I type this, I'm sitting in an Airbnb in Copenhagen (half this post was typed on the bus earlier). Tomorrow I fly to a surprise destination – don't forget to follow along on Instagram, because I update there far more often than I do here (though my writing is of a lesser caliber there, unsurprisingly). I'm sorry for not doing those extra Copenhagen posts yet, but I'll get around to it, certainly, in the next month, as well as the *surprise location* post(s).

I will endeavor to post more non-all-black outfits in the near future, and until then –

Mille tendresses,

No comments :

Post a Comment