Nothing Short of Chic: Personal Style: Preppy Summer Sweater Vest

15.6.17

Personal Style: Preppy Summer Sweater Vest


A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: SUNSHINE COAST, BC
   
 
A fun summer look (from the archives) playing off the preppiness of a lightweight sweater vest.


I have to be honest, lately, my blog has had to fall to the wayside a little bit to make room for the more pressing matters in my life, which sadly don't include dressing up and taking photos of myself. Oftentimes, I'll take photographs of my outfit of the day and never find the time to post them. Such an example of a post from the archives published much later is one that I put up only a little while ago, when bored with my travel capsule wardrobe and wanting to post a look that inspired me (read it here). Those particular photos are almost a year old at this point (note the longer hair); so are the ones in this post! I'd completely forgotten about these photographs until just recently, so now that the weather is warm again, I hope this preppy-but-modern look can inspire you to have a bit of fun by pairing a flippy skirt with a preppy top and mod sunglasses.

A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic

A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic

A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic

A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic

A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic

A fun summer outfit mixing a preppy top, a flippy skirt, and mod accessories. | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Jericca Cleland | Vest: Thrifted | Skirt: Zara (Thrifted) | Shoes: Thrifted | Scarf: Gudrun Bauer | Sunglasses: Secondhand | Jewelry: Secondhand/Upcycled 

I don't wear this vest very much because I find it a little hard to style, but I love it just the same. I find I have to style it in an ironically preppy outfit, like this one, which requires at least one crazy or kitschy accessory, like these mod space-age sunglasses. Printed or colorful shorts with the right shoes would also do the trick. I like a bit of prep so this vest is going to stay in my wardrobe for a long time.

I love this skirt (which is Zara but I found for $7 at the thrift store) because it's really fun to wear and it adds a nice pop of color to anything. I don't recommend this exact skirt but I would say a flippy red mini is a great wardrobe staple. Here's a totally different look with the same skirt.

I have an extremely exciting post coming soon – I won't tell you what it is just yet, but it features a very very stylish special guest!!

No comments :

Post a Comment